We value our renters and we treat them the same way we would want to be treated… fairly and with respect. When you rent a home from us we clearly explain our expectations to you up-front. We want to take care of repairs quickly and work with you so you have a very good rental experience.
We prefer online rent payments, but also accept cashiers checks and money orders.
If you are wondering if you have a good chance to be approved, please check out our Am I Approvable? page
General Requirements for Application Approval
- Complete a Red Roof application.
- Pay a $40/ adult application fee.
- Have verifiable net (“take home”) monthly income of at least 2.6 times the rent, with 2 year or more on the job preferred.
- No more than 1 late rent payment in the last 1 year.
- 2 Years rental and employment references from people you are not related to.
- No serious criminal history in the past 7 years.
- No evictions accepted unless paid off in full.
- 600+ credit score preferred.
- Have at least ½ the required deposit available and be ready to move in within 14 days.
- Truthfulness, as a lie on an application will cause rejection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do you charge any APPLICATION FEES when we apply?
A: We charge just $40/adult.
Q: How long will you hold a unit once I am approved?
A: 14 days, provided you first pay ½ the deposit.
Q: What about bad credit?
A: We DO NOT base our decision only on your credit score, but a credit score under 600 will be a problem unless there was a plausible extenuating circumstance acceptable to us.
Q: Do you accept criminal history?
A: Sometimes, on a case by case basis, provided the offense was nothing too horrible and not too recent. Call us to discuss your situation. We will listen to you without judgment.
Q: Do you consider Section 8 (government subsidized) rent payments?
A: Sometimes, provided the property qualifies and the owner agrees to accept section 8. We screen everyone the same. You must have a history of taking care of your property AND paying rent on time. We are looking for responsible tenants.
Q: Do you take payments on the Security Deposit?
Q: What about dogs and cats?
A: Dogs and cats may be possible, depending on the property, the owner’s wishes and the breed. The Security Deposit will be increased if your pet is allowed.
Pets must be:
- 1+ years old
- A pet that has never bitten anyone
The additional security deposit required is $300 – $500 per pet, depending on its size and is refundable provided you leave the home in its original condition. Certain breeds may not be allowed. Call to discuss your pet with us.
Q: What is expected of your renters?
A: Always be truthful with us. Pay on time. Give us no trouble. When you move out, leave your unit the way you first received it. It’s really just that simple!